Tuesday, June 12, 2007

They will know by our Love for one another

This convention meeting promises to be somewhat contentious over a number of issues that I will post later in the blog. However, before I finished my treatise I attended the prayer gathering led by T.W. Hunt this morning. He gave five characteristics of the divine nature that as believers we have received (2 Peter 1:3-4) yet as a group of baptists have not shown (Dr. Hunt's opinion -- with which I agree). They are (1)Otherness - thinking of others before self, (2)Love - expressing in action, (3)Humility - putting yourself below others, (4) Nobility- putting others before yourself, and (5) Oneness - unity between self and others. Dr. Hunt's most emphatic point is that when we fail to exhibit these qualities the cloud of the presence of God quietly leaves. With those heart-attitudes reverberating in my ears and with a call to prayer for these character qualities to be seen and done in the midst of our denominational decisions and discussions I was sobered to make sure that whatever I say or blog brings glory to God and does not hurt my brother. May we rise to this holy standard and cry for God to visit us again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zack,
Your notes point to the need for deepening "God-focused" praying in our churches.

"From Heaven's View" will facilitate that process.

BD